Kailash Manasarovar is considered as the spiritual centre of the Universe. A place where one is blessed to visit the holy abode of Lord Shiva and his consort Goddess Parvati. It is said that all Hindus during their lifetime need to visit Kailash Manasarovar to attain eternal bliss and peace ful souland clear all sins and fetch punya for the Yatrees.
Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is undertaken through Lhasa to accomplish spiritual satisfaction and sanctity. In Tibetian language, Lhasa means “Land of Buddha”. Lhasa is the centre of Tibetian Buddhist world. The Potala Palace is the world’s famous tallest monument which stands on top of Red Hill. Also can visit other sites like Norbulinka palace, Drepung Monastery, Jokhang Temple, Sera Monastery.
On the way to Mount Kailash, enjoy the breathtaking beauty of sacred freshwater Manasarovar Lake. After parikrama of Mount Kailash, can visit Parvati-stal and Gauri kunda.
- Night dress
- Thermals (2 SETS)
- Full sleeves shirts/Kurta
- Jeans/warm/thick pants
- Thermal Inners – 2 pairs
- Woollen socks – 2 pairs
- Cotten Socks – 2 pairs
- Wollen cap
- Thin towel
- Nose/Face Mask
- Inner wear (3-4 pairs)
- Toilet paper, soap, shampoo, paper soaps, small half litre bottle/mug
- Wet tissue
- Photocopy of passport in each piece of luggage with address and contact info.
- Rain Poncho
Always keep this handy
- Important phone numbers/Emergency contact number
- Credit/Debit card, Traveller’s cheques
- Photo ID card with name of tour operator, leader, emergency contact
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu Airport
- Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport - Kathmandu
- Overnight stay at hotel
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- After breakfast, sightseeing of major heritage sites of Kathmandu valley
- Visit Pashupatinath, Swoyanbhunath and Kathmandu Durbar square
- Overnight stay at Hotel Royal Singi
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa
- Board the flight from Kathmandu to reach Lhasa
- On arrival in Tibet, transfer to hotel to take some rest
- Overnight stay at hotel
Day 04: Sightseeing in Lhasa
- Explore wonderful places like Potala palace (oldest palace of Dalai Lama), Norbulingka palace (first Buddhists temple of Tibet and Drepung Monastery
- Later visit Jokhang Temple (known as the Qoikang Monastery), Sera Monastery ((dedicated to Gelugpa or Yellow Hat Sect, branch of Tibetan Buddhism) and tradition Tibetian market Barkhor square
- Overnight stay at hotel
Day 05: Lhasa – Gyantse, Gyantse - Shigatse
- Early morning, Visit the monastery of Tashi Lhunpo (seat to Panchen Lama)
- Visit Maitreya (future Buddha) Temple and also other temples of monastery
- Overnight stay at hotel
Day 06: Shigatse - Lhatse
- Drive from Shigatse (base point to Mt Everest) to Lhatse (Located in the valley of Brahmaputra River)
- Overnight stay at Standard Hotel in Lhatse
Day 07: Lhatse- Saga
- Drive by sandy and rocky land of Tibet, The Land of Dalai Lama
- By late afternoon, cross Brahmaputra River to reach Chinese and Tibetan town, Saga
- Overnight stay at Saga International Hotel
Day 08: Drive to Manasarover via Paryang
- By late afternoon, have holy darshan of Kailash Parvat and Lake Manasarovar
- Overnight stay at Ashram guest house in Hore, a small village near Lake Manasarovar
Day 09: Exploration of Lake Manasarovar and drive to Tarchen
- Complete sacred bath and perform pooja at Manasarovar Lake. It is lake of compassion, tranquility and bliss
- Then head towards Tarchen (base camp for Holy Kailash Parikrama)
- Overnight stay at Himalayan hotel
Day 10: First day of Kailash Kora
- After breakfast, drive to Tarboche (Valley of God)
- Those who have booked personal horse and helper should wait for sometime to complete formalities of Tibetan government
- Start Kailash Kora, walk 4 to 5 hours to reach Derapuk (north face of Kailash)
- Overnight stay at Sishapangma Guest House
Day 11: Second day of Kailash Kora
- Trek from Derapuk (start at 6 am) to Charan Sparsh (feet of Mt Kailash). It takes around 6/7 hrs of trekking.
- Back to Derapuk
- Overnight stay at guest house
Day 12: Third day of Kailash Kora, Derapuk to Shiva Sthal and right side
- Khamdo Sam-la Pass Trek (9/10 hrs, pack lunch)
- Seek darshan of Kuber Kund , East Face of Mt. Kailash and other important places
- Then Continue trek to Juthulpuk (4820m, 9/10 Hours)
- Overnight stay at guest house
Day 13: Drive to Saga
- Travel to reach Saga (Means ‘Happy Land’)
- Overnight stay at hotel Saga International
Day 14: Drive to Shigatse
- Drive back to Shigatse, second biggest town of Tibet
- Overnight stay at Manasarovar International hotel
Day 15: Drive to Lhasa
- Drive to Lhasa city, The city of Sunshine
- On arrival at Lhasa city, transfer to hotel
- Overnight stay at Brahmaputra hotel
Day 16: Fly back to Kathmandu
- Early morning drive from Lhasa to Gonggar Airport
- After arriving at Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
- Overnight stay at hotel Royal Singi
Day 17: Return to their Respective Destination
- Transfer to Kathmandu International airport
- Board the flight to reach their respective destination
- Participants must be between 18 and 70 years of age.
- Those below the age of 18 must either be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a consent form need to be signed by them.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Please note that this trek is not advised for pregnant women and those suffering from chronic health problems, like epilepsy, heart ailments, uncontrolled BP, diabetes, asthma, psychological problems, physical disabilities and obesity.
- A valid passport is needed with a minimum validity of 180 days from the last date of the sojourn.
Please note that diplomatic passports are not allowed.
- PIO/OCI or any other ID cards are not accepted in Tibet.
- Indian Passport holders do not require a visa for Nepal.
The Tibet permit and visa for everyone will be organized by Sankara Yatra. To facilitate this, your original passport is required at New Delhi, well in advance prior to the departure date. The actual date and details will be confirmed based on the group you choose to travel with us.
VISA PROCESS FOR NRI
- Indian nationals do not require a visa for Nepal.
Foreign nationals will require a 15 days multiple entry visa for Nepal which can be availed on arrival at Kathmandu airport, Nepal. A visa fee of $25 is payable along with two passport size photos. Visa for Tibet will be organized by Sankara Yatra. To facilitate this, original passport of Indian Nationals is required well in advance prior to the departure date. Details will be sent upon registration.
For Non-Indian Nationals, Tibet visa will be organized in Kathmandu 3 days prior to the departure. Request the NRI to be in Kathmandu for the visa process.
- All arrival & departure arrangement
- Twin Sharing accommodation at Star category Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Twin sharing accommodation in Lhasa, Shigaste, Lhatse including Breakfast
- Group Sharing Guest House in Kailash Region from Saga
- Vegetarian food from Local restaurants
- One half-day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley
- Flight Ticket of Kathmandu - Lhasa – Kathmandu
- All Entrance fees
- Private transportation in Kathmandu
- All transportations by Van/Bus in Kailash/Tibet
- Government license holder Tibetan Guide
- Applicable entrance fees to visit Monasteries
- Normal Tibet Entry Visa fee
- Special Kailash and Manasarovar Permit
- One down Jacket to each pilgrim on returnable basis plus Certificate on successful completion of Holy Yatra which retains nostalgic memories even years after undertaking this once-in-a-lifetime pilgrimage tour
- Oxygen cylinder
- Emergency Rescue Management
- Yaks to carry your goods during Kailash Parikrama
- Emergency evacuations/Rescue expenses, if required
- Expenses of personal nature
- Personal horse and Helper during Kailash round/ parikrama
- Travel & Medical Insurance Permissions and other official formalities
China visa for KMY
The China Embassy has changed the Visa rule for Indians travelling to Kailash Manasarovar and with immediate effect all Indian passports are to be presented to China Embassy in Delhi for visa purpose irrespective of Nationality of the traveler. China Embassy usually takes 06 working days for granting such visa. For non-Indian passport holders visa to visit Kailash Manasarovar can be applied with China Embassy in Kathmandu with sufficient time to embassy for grant of visa. China Embassy usually takes 02 working days for granting such visa. So the NRI Yatrees are requested to come and stay 2 days early for applying the visa.
Sometimes due to last minute changes in the government rules or in case of natural calamities like floods, landslides, etc., a few changes in the itinerary may happen. We seek your cooperation at these times.
Itinerary and schedules are subject to change in event of unfavorable weather condition. Sankara Yatra reserves right to change date or cancel the trip under the circumstances beyond its control.
|Per Person||2,95,000 (Indian passport Holder)|
|Date of Travel:||Departure: July 20th - Return: 09th August|
|Departure: August 09th - Return: 26th August|
- Application should be submitted at least 30 days before the provisional date of departure
- Minimum of 6 months valid Passport scan copy by mail or passport copy by courier should summit when the booking is made
- Upon the confirmation 25% deposit amount per person (INR 25,000) is required which is nonrefundable
- In the case of Lhasa Kailash tour deposit amount is USD 1000 or equivalent currency
- Our company trip booking form with your signature as per our terms and conditions
- All the clients need to carry ID Proof, (Voter ID Proof) or passport original while traveling by air
- The itinerary can be changed without notice due to unavoidable circumstances beyond our control such as political unrest, Natural calamities, changes in itinerary by the Chinese authorities etc.
- Rs.25, 000/- non-refundable, if the booking is done.
- 50% cancellation charges of the rate package cost incase cancellation is received between 7 – 15 days of departure.
- No refund in case cancellation is done after your permit and visa.
- No refund or adjustment will be made in the event of interruption of journey by a client on his own after commencement of the tour.
- Any changes in given itinerary requested by the client will be on chargeable basis.
- Extra accommodation in Kathmandu over 3 nights as per itinerary due to early arrival from Kailash, rescue charges, medical bills are bill direct to Yatris.
- If the trip is disturbed in case of Visa/ permit problem create from Tibet, or any other reason which is not in our hand, it is clients own risk and all the expenses are paid by clients.
Mode of Payment:
DD / Cheque
DD/Cheque has to be drawn in favour of “Sankara Yatra” payable at Bangalore.
Online / NEFT
You can also deposit cash or make online/NEFT payment in favour of Sankara Yatra
State Bank of India
A/C No : 67273178983
Branch : RMV, DOLLAR COLONY
A/C type : Current A/C
IFSC Code : SBIN0070942
Place of Booking
|Price||₹ 2,50,000 + GST|
|Altitude||14,950 ft (4,558 m)|
|Trek duration||18 days|